In Brief: Android-related things you should know (April 26, 2013)
In Brief is a compilation of notifications, rumors, and Android-related news tidbits which, for whatever reason, did not end up with a post of its own on AndroidGuys. These are things that we still feel are worth knowing, even if in a passing manner. Consider it a grab-bag of Android goodies. If you have something that you think is worth a mention on AndroidGuys, be sure to reach out to us via our contact page.
We are doing things a little different this week. Rather than overload you with a lot of info, we will list what we find interesting, and then you can go from there!
This week features Movea sensors, a Nexus 4 dock, an app to get a better swing, the chance to win 8 grand, an eBay update, and so much more! Here’s the list:
- WISE TIVI is rumored to ship this summer; still asking for pledges.
- Feeling a little nerdy? Mixpanel just released their latest Data Snapshot on Android fragmentation
- “Stop running because the train is 10 minutes delayed.” Yep, your future smartphone’s sensors will be able to tell you that, and Movea wants to explain how.
- Looking for a new project to support? Check out this docking station for the Nexus 4.
- Need help enhancing your devices performance? AVG Technologies may have just the app for you!
- Calling all computer majors! Epson is asking students to come up with a pitch for the Moverio BT-100 and have the chance at winning an $ 8,000 scholarship.
- eBay Android app updated to 2.2
- Fore! Are you a golfer looking to get a better swing? Check out GolfSense.
- HTC and Stitcher Radio announced that Android’s leading podcast app is now compatible with Media Link HD.
- The Arena app added six new Android games this week, all playable within its ecosystem (including the classic Duke Nukem 3D.)
BONUS: 5 app shout outs!
- Relive the 1930′s and depression-era farming with time management game, Farm Up.
- Free app pyng.me seeks to put an end to the question of “Where are you?”
- Travel the world, build an art gallery, and become an art dealer with Art Mogul and its 430 levels.
- Revisit the 80′s puzzler with 100 levels over five modes with retro-classic Boulder Dash-XL.
- Military-grade encryption for voice and messaging is free with kryng.me‘s free app.
Make sure to follow us weekly for all the Android extras!
The post In Brief: Android-related things you should know (April 26, 2013) appeared first on AndroidGuys.