Sony Xperia Z Google Edition launch this summer
It seems big companies like HTC, Samsung and now Sony are really inspired by the ‘Pure Google’ experience. We saw the Google Edition of the Galaxy S4
Just like the other Google Edition handsets, the smartphone will be available in the US through the Google Play Store. As it will be a “Nexus user experience” device, there is a lot of possibility that it will receive Android updates earlier than usual, although it is not confirmed at the moment but that’s how usually the deal is with Pure Google devices. Other features of the Xperia Z are the same, and they are still mouth watering, have a look:
- 5.0 inch capacitive Reality Display
- 1080 x 1920 pixels (~441 ppi pixel density)
- Quad-core 1.5GHz Krait CPU
- 13MP camera, LED flash, 1080p video
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean (planned update to Android 4.2.2)
- 4G LTE compatible
- 2.2MP Front facing camera, 108op video
- microSD card slot (up to 64GB)
- 16GB internal memory
- IP57 certified – water and dust resistant
It is not confirmed that whether the Google Edition of Xperia Z will come with the ‘Sony’ features, for example the BRAVIA Engine and few other features, so once the device is out, we will know about it. It is rumored that it will see the sunlight somewhere in July, so fingers crossed.
Are you looking forward to the ‘Google Edition’ of one of the sexiest Android phones to date? Tell us about it in the comment box below.
[amz-related-products search_index='Electronics' keywords='Sony Xperia Z' unit='list']